Covid-19 Action Plan
Person in charge for the Implementation of the Action Plan: Yiannis Aslanis
Coordinator of the Action Plan: Maria Chatziparaschi
People in charge for compliance with the Protocols
- Alexandros Kanaris / F&B Manager
- Irini Matana / Housekeeping
- Electra Manousakidou / Housekeeping
- Argyris Papadopoulos / Front Office
- Christos Koumandaris / Maintenance
- Kostas Kouros / Kitchen
- The hotel staff perceives all the basic measures to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus.
- Temperature measurement is applied to all the staff daily
- In all hotel’s public areas antiseptic devices are available (fixed or non-fixed devices)
- All furniture in the hotel’s public areas have been rearranged as required to avoid overcrowding (4 people/10 sq.m.)
- Parking: We recommend our guests to park their car and also take their luggage themselves.
- Public toilets: a sign has been placed to warn users to avoid overcrowding inside the toilets. Another one indicating guests to close the lids before emptying the basins, in order to prevent the aerosol form spreading and probably transmitting the virus with it.
- Emphasis has been placed on non-recirculation of air and natural ventilation inside the rooms and other spaces of the hotel.
Host service protocol
- There is a medical kit available including all necessary equipment (disposable gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, aprons, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
- Antiseptics have been placed at the hotel’s reception for all guests.
- All surfaces at the lobby and other public areas are thoroughly disinfected at regular times.
- The reception area has been properly configured (furniture arrangement) and floor markings have been placed to ensure that a distance of 2 meters between the guests is kept.
- Measures have been taken to reduce the number of people waiting in line to be served and to reduce the relative waiting time.
- Electronic check-in and check-out is available
- Electronic payment of accommodation costs is available.
- All key cards are thoroughly disinfected before use (in a special disinfection container).
- Check-out and check-in hours have been altered. Check-out takes place until 11 am and check-in from 3 pm in order to have enough time to meticulously clean and also disinfect the room with a steam cleaner.
- Non-residents are not allowed to enter the rooms.
Floor, room and public spaces service protocol
- Sanitation services have been amplified in all public areas and especially on "high risk" objects.
- Special attention has been paid to the cleaning, disinfection and ventilation of the rooms during the intervening hours.
- Regular checks are performed on dishwashers and washing machines (in terms of temperature used and detergent dosage)
- The cleaning staff is trained to oversee all the basic measures, in order to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 coronavirus.
- Occupied rooms are being cleaned only upon guests’ request.
- The change of sheets and towels and turndown service are carried out only on guests’ request.
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned before guests’ arrival and a steam cleaner is used to disinfect all disputed surfaces inside the room and bathroom.
- Decorative items, down pillows and bedding have been removed from the rooms.
- All common utensils, such as menus, magazines, etc., have been removed from the rooms.
- Disposable wrapping of the all TV controllers
- All fabrics are cleaned with a steam cleaner (temperature > 70 °).
- A sign inside the room offers cleaning details (date and time of the cleaning)
- Rooms are being naturally ventilated.
- The cleaning staff oversees all the hygiene procedures when sorting clean linen with the use of appropriate PPE (special disposable apron over the uniform, gloves, mask).
- Used fabrics, bed linen and towels are placed in special sealed bags or bags with relevant markings, in order to be transported to the laundry areas.
- Trolleys carrying closed bags containing used linen are disinfected after each use.
- HACCP protocol is implemented
- The collection of goods is done by the hotel staff using PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Inside the kitchen premises all necessary distances between the employees are kept, as indicated.
- Towels, tablecloths and cutlery are removed and washed, even if not in use.
- The breakfast serving time has been extended (07:00-11:00) to best serve all guests and to avoid overcrowding.
Buffet service in the restaurant
- Hand sanitizer is placed at the buffet entrance and the staff recommends guests to use it when they approach the buffet.
- The required distances should be held while guests are served at the buffet.
- A sneeze guard has been installed in the buffet.
- Guests are served only by the catering staff that have the appropriate PPE and comply with the basic measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- When guests order beverages from the bar they are served with packaged accompaniments.
- The room-service staff oversees the basic measures to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus COVID-19 and uses PPE.
- All food hygiene rules are applied during food transport inside the hotel.
- All hygiene requirements are applied during the collection of items that have already been used by guests.
Swimming pools and recreational water facilities
- Prohibition of operation of indoor swimming pools.
Customer transfer service
- Providing antiseptic to customers by the driver.
- The driver ensures the natural ventilation of the vehicle.